Do you know what is Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) or heard anything related to it? Do you know the importance of it?
Well, if you do not know anything about it, we will explain it in below.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) or Global Goals are a collection of 17 interlinked global goals designed to be a "Blueprint To Achieve A Better And More Sustainable Future For All". The SDGs were set in 2015 by the United Nations General Assembly and are intended to be achieved it by the year 2030. They are included in a UN Resolution called the 2030 Agenda or what is colloquially known as Agenda 2030.
So, what are the 17 SDGs? Well, they are:
- No Poverty - End poverty in all its forms everywhere.
- Zero Hunger - End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture.
- Good Health and Well-being - Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
- Quality Education - Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- Gender Equality - Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Clean Water and Sanitation - Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- Affordable and Clean Energy - Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- Decent Work and Economic Growth - Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure - Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization, and foster innovation.
- Reducing Inequality - Reduce income inequality within and among countries.
- Sustainable Cities and Communities - Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable.
- Responsible Consumption and Production - Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Climate Action - Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts by regulating emissions and promoting developments in renewable energy.
- Life Below Water - Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
- Life On Land - Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
- Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions - Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
- Partnerships for the Goals - Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.