When you are considering to buy a water bottle, which factor that you will take into consideration? Its appearance? Its size? Its material?
Usually customers will not only look at the appearance of water bottles, but also will look at their sizes and materials. Take PP water bottle for example, because the price is affordable, easy to carry, it became so popular with the customers. But some customers will inevitably have some concerns about this special raw material. They will worried about whether it will be harmful to the human body or not.
Below is about the difference between PP water bottles and Tritan water bottles.
What is Polypropylene (PP)
Polypropylene (PP), also known as Polypropene, which is a thermoplastic polymer used in a wide variety of applications. It is produced via chain-growth polymerization from the monomer propylene.
The advantages of PP:
- Polypropylene is readily available and relatively inexpensive.
- Polypropylene has high flexural strength due to its semi-crystalline nature.
- Polypropylene has a relatively slippery surface.
- Polypropylene is very resistant to absorbing moisture.
- Polypropylene has good chemical resistance over a wide range of bases and acids.
- Polypropylene possesses good fatigue resistance.
- Polypropylene has good impact strength.
The disadvantages of PP:
- Polypropylene has a high thermal expansion coefficient which limits its high temperature applications.
- Polypropylene is susceptible to UV degradation.
- Polypropylene has poor resistance to chlorinated solvents and aromatics.
- Polypropylene is known to be difficult to paint as it has poor bonding properties.
- Polypropylene is highly flammable.
- Polypropylene is susceptible to oxidation.
What is Tritan
Tritan is a BPA-free plastic as it is not manufactured with bisphenol A (BPA) or other bisphenol compounds, such as bisphenol S (BPS).
The advantages of Tritan;
- Tritan is BPA-Free.
- Tritan is impact-resistant, which can be used without fear of shattering.
- Tritan is tough and this can extend its useful life of water bottles and food containers, potentially reducing waste.
- Tritan has exceptional dishwasher durability, encouraging proper sanitation for greater plastic container safety.
- Tritan is much lighter than glass, making it easier to handle without the fear of breaking.
- Tritan has no estrogenic or androgenic activity.
- Estrogen and testosterone are hormones that are essential to many important biological processes in animals and humans, including sexual differentiation and development. Studies have suggested that certain synthetic and naturally occurring chemicals can interfere with these biological processes and lead to adverse effects.
The disadvantages of Tritan:
- Tritan is also known for their temperature resistance, but if the temperature is too high, it may cause the deformation of the bottle.
The Difference Between PP Water Bottles And Tritan Water Bottles.
- From the view of performance, PP water bottle is usually made of ordinary plastic, but Tritan is a new material, which is far more superior to PP plastic.
- PP water bottle is only limited by its own factors. The transparency is not very good as there will always be a hazy sense of fog from the appearance of PP water bottle. But the density of Tritan water bottle is lower than that of PP plastic water bottle, so the Tritan water bottle looks very transparent, just like a glass.
- From the view of chemical resistance, Tritan water bottle perform better than PP water bottle. Tritan water bottle will not be corroded by chemical substances, even using various detergents for cleaning and disinfection but PP water bottle does not have this performance.
Because Tritan water bottle is better than PP water bottle in all aspects and safer to use, therefore, the price will also be more expensive. Tritan water bottles are BPA-Free water bottles and food grade plastic bottles, safe plastic bottles. If you buy a water bottle for your children, we would suggest you choose a Tritan water bottle.
You can view our collection of water bottles HERE.